Changing Tides: A Program for Women
Changing Tides is a program designed to help women cope with difficult adult relationships whether that relationship is with an intimate partner, a family member, or someone in the workplace.
This free program is sponsored by the NB Dept. of Social Development.
Changing Tides is a 8-week program designed to help women 18 years of age and older cope with difficult adult relationships whether that relationship is with an intimate partner, a family member, or someone in the workplace.
Each topic is designed to offer women insight into healthy relationships, building confidence, and making informed decisions, including:
- Understanding Relationships – What are the characteristics of a healthy
- Communication I – Identifying unproductive communication habits and
developing more effective patterns.
- Communication II – Recognizing the games people play and developing more effective approaches.
- Self-care: Taking time for you – Learning about what nourishes your soul and
making plans to incorporate self-care in your every day.
- Assertiveness – How to get what you want by stating what you need clearly, directly, and respectfully. Learning to say “no” without guilt. Acting on your rights while respecting the rights of others.
- Leadership – Offering your skills to others and the community at large.
- Review and Wrap-up
- Safety in Relationships (optional) – Strategies for staying safe and preparing to leave if that is appropriate.
The women whose partners are in the Family Enrichment’s Changing Ways Program for Men, will be contacted before the program starts and a personal session will be scheduled to explain to the woman the program that her partner is taking.
To register please call 458-8211, 1-888-879-6777 or email email@example.com